Burtchville Township is a civil township of St. Clair County in the U.S. state of Michigan.
Lumberman Jonathon Burtch settled here in 1840. The township was named for him and he became the first supervisor when it was organized in 1862.
Burtchville was a separate village on the Black River. It had a post office from 1846 to 1857 with Hannibal Hollister as the Postmaster. The post office was transferred to Lakeport in 1857.
Evergreen was a post office here from 1884 until 1886.
Lakeport is an unincorporated community on the shore of Lake Huron at 43°06′54″N 82°29′25″W. In 1837, Jonas H. Titus platted “Milwaukie City” at the mouth of the stream then named Milwaukie Creek (now spelled as “Milwaukee Creek”). However the plat was not recorded and nothing came of it until lumberman B.C. Farrand had the village replatted in 1853 and recorded under the name “Lakeport” in August 1858. A post office operated from June 1857 until April 1911. Lakeport State Park is adjacent to the community on three sides.
North Lakeport is an unincorporated community approximately one mile north of Lakeport at 43°08′14″N 82°29′49″W
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 15.6 square miles (40 km2), of which 15.6 square miles (40 km2) is land and 0.04 square miles (0.10 km2) (0.13%) is water.