The Little White Chapel was built in 1856 and started its life as a lumber wholesaler and store at Second and Milwaukee in Lakeport. It was dedicated as a Methodist church in 1886 and was moved in 1977 to its location in the cemetery on Burtch Road west of Lakeport.
The Lakeport Cemetery Preservation Society, headed by Pat Moses and co-chaired by Jim Collins has been restoring the Little White Chapel since 2009 with a starting fund of just $20 and has raised close to $70,000 for the restoration. The society is currently working on plans to finish the restoration with the construction of the bell tower.
The Chapel is one of the oldest in the thumb area and has been uses for funerals and weddings.