Old Town Hall
POLICIES AND RULES
(Capacity — 62 persons)
- Person applying for use must be a Burtchville Township resident
- The Sale and/or Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages is PROHIBITED
- Failure to comply with the Policies and Rule, shall result in forfeiture of ENTIRE deposit.
INDEMNITY BY APPLICANT
The Applicant acknowledges receipt of a copy of the Policies and Rules and agrees to comply.
Applicant shall indemnify the Township and save it harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, damages, liability and expense in connection with loss of life, personal injury and/or damage to property arising from or out of the occupancy or use by Applicant of the premises or any part of the Township property occasional, wholly or in part, by any act or omission of Applicant, its agent, contractors or employees.
- Full size kitchen with range, refrigerator and microwave
- Handicapped accessible entrance and two restrooms (male and female)
- 10 round tables: Seats six to eight comfortably
- 4 rectangular tables: Seats eight comfortably
- 80 chairs
The Township does not supply table coverings or trash bags and all trash must be removed from premises by applicant.
I. FEE SCHEDULE:
|Burtchville Township Boards and Commissions||No Charge||No Charge|
|Government entity (Federal, State, County, Local)||No Charge||No Charge|
|Community Use: Senior Citizen Organization, Civic Group Service Club, Church, Neighborhood Association or like group||No Charge||No Charge|
|Social Gatherings i.e. Reception, shower, reunion, graduation, birthday, wake, communion, retirement party or like function||$50.00||$50.00|
|NO SMOKING ALLOWED ON OR WITHIN 50 FEET OF TOWNSHIP BUILDING|
II. APPLICATION PROCESS:
A. In order to reserve the building, the applicant must submit an application form along with the security deposit and rental fee. The fees may be paid by check, money order, or cash. If the reservation for use of the hall is canceled by the applicant at least 15 days prior to the rental date, Burtchville Township will refund the security deposit and rental fee on the next regular accounts payable day.
1. If the applicant is denied or if the reservation is cancelled by Burtchville Township due to unforeseen circumstances, Burtchville Township shall only be responsible or liable to the extent of the security deposit and rental fee paid by the applicant.
B. All applicants shall agree to a “Hold Harmless” clause indemnifying Burtchville Township from all liability. Failure to complete this form shall result in denial to use the facilities.
C. If the applicant has complied with all the Policies and Rules, the deposit shall be returned within 15 business days or the next accounts payable day after the building has been inspected by the Building Supervisor.
D. The key to the hall must be picked up during regular business hours which are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Burtchville Township will not be responsible for anyone forgetting to pick up the key. The key must be returned to the Township Hall by the next business day after the event. It may be dropped into the drop box at front of the building. If key is lost or not returned to Burtchville Township within the time period stated in this agreement there will be a $150.00 fee charged to the person(s) responsible for renting the Old Township Hall.
III. PROHIBITED TYPES OF ACTIVITIES
The following types of activities shall be prohibited:
- The sale and/or consumption of Alcoholic Beverages.
- The sale and/or consumption of any type(s) of illegal drugs.
- Smoking is prohibited within 50 feet of the Township Building.
- Violation of any Township, County, State, or Federal Law, Stature or Ordinance.
- Any form of gambling, contrary to the laws of the Municipality, State, or Federal Government.
- Activities that block fire doors, means of egress or block or tamper with any fire or safety protection equipment.
- Any activity, when the purpose of such use is to promote activities subversive to the Constitution or the laws of the United States or any subdivision thereof or to overthrow the government of the United States by any state of force, violence or other unlawful means.
- Do not use Lakeport Market’s dumpster
IV. USE RESTRICTIONS AND CONDITIONS
A. There must be adequate adult supervision for all usage.
1. Groups comprised of individuals under the age of eighteen (18) years must have one of their parents, twenty one (21) years or older, in attendance for each ten persons under eighteen (18) years.
B. The application form must be signed by an individual, a member of the organization, group or business requesting the use of the Old Town Hall who is twenty one (21) years of age or older and is able to provide proof of additional insurance coverage should the Township feel their activity requires such.
C. The applicant must be in attendance the entire designated time of the event and make sure the guests understand and follow the rules and policies. The applicant will be held responsible to pay for any damages done by any member of the group.
D. The building and all appliances MUST be cleaned and restored to its original condition. The applicant is responsible for the removal and disposal of all trash. Do not use Lakeport Market’s dumpster.
E. NOTHING is to be adhered to any surface. Weighted helium balloons and table top decorations are allowed.
F. NO DECORATIVE CANDLES ALLOWED. Birthday candles on a cake are permitted.
G. Violations of any rule or policy shall result in a forfeiture of the deposit, liability by the applicant for actual amount of damages incurred by the Township and denial of future use by this applicant and/or group.
H. No personal property shall be on the premises, other than during the rental period.
I. No food shall be prepared in the building. Food may be brought in, kept warm and served. Kitchen utensils, accessories, and paper towels are not supplied.
J. All events, including clean-up time, must end by 12 a.m.
K. The applicant agrees to indemnify Burtchville Township and its Members or agents against all liability to persons or property on the premises.
L. A Building Supervisor, designated by the Township, shall be responsible for seeing that all policies and rules are followed. In the event the Building Supervisor becomes aware of a violation during a rental, he/she will give notice and time to comply. Upon failure to comply, the Building Supervisor may give notice to vacate and all users shall immediately vacate the building. Under these circumstances, the rental fee and deposit shall be forfeited.